what/why/when/where


I am working on a film project in Jumla, Nepal. You can follow progress of the project on
Shakti Pictures blog. We started shooting in November 2011 and returned to Jumla for the second shoot in March 2012. And two further two shoots in 2013. We are now in post-production.

Continuing to work on the project, I now divide my time between Nepal, the UK & the US... and anywhere else I can find an excuse to go in the interim. This blog is a place for some stories of my adventures along the way.

Monday, January 17, 2011

2618 Mangala-Lakshadweep Express






914 kilometres from Thivim, Goa to Ernakulum Junction, Kerala




The train was actually delayed by two hours which were happily spent soaking up the atmosphere on the platform. (See the cat with the bell on?)


I ended up chatting to a group of Keralan boys who taught me a few words in Malayam, the local dialect in Kerala. Within minutes there was a crowd of onlookers observing this impromptu language lesson.

Surprisingly enough, we arrived on time, somehow making up the delay through the night. Which makes me wonder why some trains don't get in early... something that I have never heard of in India.


1 comment:

  1. HI Miranda,
    I am a friend of Caroll. I love traveling although I don't get that many opportunities. Thank you for sharing your travel experience in your blog. Your pictures look amazing.
    Hope to hear more of your journey.
    Take care
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete